What should I consider when talking with my doctor or research team members?
When you talk with your doctor or members of the research team:
- Consider taking a family member or friend along, for support and for help in asking questions or recording answers.
- Plan ahead what to ask–but don’t hesitate to ask any new questions you think of while you’re there.
- Write down your questions in advance, to make sure you remember to ask them all.
- Write down the answers, so that you can review them whenever you want.
- Consider recording the conversation (even if you write down answers).