Navigating the Complex World of Complex Lymphatic Anomalies: A Treatment Overview
Embark on a journey through the history and treatment evolution of Complex Lymphatic Anomalies (CLAs). From early challenges to recent breakthroughs, this video provides a concise exploration of the CLA landscape.
- Overview: Unravel the complexities of CLAs, chronic conditions that have puzzled medical professionals for centuries. Explore historical milestones and witness the paradigm shift in CLA treatment approaches.
- Historical Context: Delve into historical challenges and the absence of standardized terminology, hindering effective communication and understanding in CLA management.
- The Treatment Timeline: Chronologically tour through CLA treatment advancements, from the success of oral sirolimus in 2011 to the latest breakthroughs with alpelisib for PIK3CA-related overgrowth spectrum.
- Multimodal Approaches: Understand the importance of dynamic and adaptive treatment plans, involving a combination of non-targeted medications, targeted therapies, surgical interventions, and supportive care.
- Targeted Therapies: Explore recent breakthroughs in targeted therapies like sirolimus, MEK inhibitors (Trametinib, Selumetinib, Cobimetinib), and alpelisib, offering promising avenues for CLA patients.
- The Future: Peek into the future of CLA treatments, highlighting ongoing research, genetic testing advancements, and the promise of improved outcomes.